Sunday, May 23, 2010

CREATIVE WRITER or LIAR'S AWARD???




Thanks to Diane Craver of http://www.dianecraver.com/blog/ for passing this award along to me. It has been so much fun seeing how "creative" everyone has been with their whoppers.

Here are the rules: I tell either six truths and one lie, or six lies and one truth about myself, and you get to figure out which is which. Please leave a fun or silly comment. Everyone so far has offered a prize, so here is my gift to the winner.

Every correct comment will be dropped into Taylor's favorite red hat and the winner drawn on Wednesday, May 26th, in the afternoon Eastern time. The winner gets their choice of a free ebook download from the novels I've personally written and listed at Smashwords on my profile page:
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/rebeccajvickery

First I'm supposed to pass this award on to seven other "creative writers" who will dazzle you with their "bald faced lies," OOPS, is that supposed to be "creative writing? LOL
Karen Michelle Nutt
Sarah Simas
Lisa Alexander-Griffin
Michele Montgomery
Linda Kage
EH on Books & More
Loraine Hunsaker

Now on to my "creative" list of seven things about me. To make your search easier I will tell you that six of the following are lies and only one is true. Please choose which is which and leave your comment for fun and a chance to win a free ebook.

1. In my younger days, I hiked the entire Appalachian Trail.
2. I once met my favorite author, Kay Hooper.
3. I picked up the man I married at a small town flea market.
4. I learned to swim at a very young age and have always loved the water.
5. My horse named Rascal and I won several small trophies in show-jumping.
6. I never actually camped in the wilderness.
7. My home-made salsa will turn a dull penny to a bright copper and bring tears to the eyes of a jalapeno lover.

Can you find the truth hidden among all this "creative" writing?

15 comments:

  1. I'm gonna say #7 is the truth. lol. Just sound right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I'm gonna go with #2. Although I could totally see you hiking the Appalachian trail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa and Anne,
    Thanks for dropping by. I have to bite my tongue to keep from giving it away. LOL Don't know if I'll hold out until Wednesday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are ALL so believable. Could it be #3? That sounds like a scene in one of your stories. How romantic though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Evie,
    That does sound like one of my stories doesn't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I'm with EA. I think it's #3. They don't call me a hopeful romantic for nothing... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll say number 5 is the lie--you may have a horse named Rascal, but a horse named rascal wouldn't be a show-jumper.Celia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the award!!

    I'm going with number 3 too, cause I'm a romantic and 3 sounds like it could have a fun romance story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Celia and Linda,
    Thanks for dropping by and commenting. I want to tell...but my lips are sealed until Wednesday. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, RJV, for the award! ((hugs!))

    You have a mighty fine list going on there. I'm gonna agree with KMN and say #7. But if it's true post a pic so I can show my hubby! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca! This is fun but really hard! I can see #7 being true. BUT I have to go with #4 as the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you're good at this, Rebecca! lol I'm with Anne and going to say #2 is the true one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Karen, Sarah, Martha, and Diane,
    Thanks for stopping in to play. I think this was lots of fun. I'll be revealing the truth and the winner in just a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a scene in one of your stories. How romantic though.
    Contextual Ad Network India

    ReplyDelete

Please support this blog by leaving your comments. Happy writing and reading.